You know you're a nail addict when.... watching a movie with your child you think to yourself all those vibrant color contrasts would make for a really cute Digit-al Dozen mani since our upcoming theme is contrasting colors! And that's how I decided I was going to do a design inspired by the Trolls movie for my final DD look this week!
So I did some Googling to get still images of the characters to recreate. I enjoyed the Warhol style of this movie banner, so I decided to give it a go! Index to pinkie (left to right) we have Poppy, Branch, DJ Suki, and Creek.
Besides base and topcoat, I ended up using a total of 17 polishes and various mixes of said 17 polishes where necessary. In ROYGBIV order:
- Kleancolor Neon Fuschia (pinkie background)
- China Glaze Wicked Style (Poppy's hair)
- China Glaze Make an Entrance (Poppy's hair)
- Revlon Pink Lingerie (Poppy's face)
- Zoya Arizona (DJ Suki's hair)
- China Glaze Gaga for Green (Poppy's floral hair band)
- Avon Jade (middle background)
- Kleancolor Pastel Blue (Branch's face)
- OPI No Room for the Blues (index background)
- L'Oreal Jet Set to Paris (Creek's eyebrows)
- Kleancolor Lavenbaby (Creek's face)
- Zoya Mira (ring finger background)
- OPI Going My Way or Norway? (darkened for DJ Suki's eyebrows)
- Revlon Spirit (white)
- Revlon Metallic (thumb base color)
- Revlon Holographic Pearls (glitter topper on thumb)
- Wet'n'Wild Black Creme (black)
This was certainly a fun and challenging DD week! Everyone has created such fantastic, out-of-the-box manis with beautiful color combos I never would have thought of! I love it!